Brad M
Brad M, IT Support Tech
Experience:  I have a BS in Computer Information Systems, and I have professional & home experience with Macs.

Can I save Word files in Word Perfect

Can I save Word files in Word Perfect?

Brad M :

Hi, my name isXXXXX will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm new to the Mac and moving a little slowly still. I have not seen any answer from you yet, Brad.

You have a few options here. You could use the Rich Text Format, which should be compatible with both word processors and platforms. You can convert a document to rich text by clicking File -> Save As -> and select Rich Text Format (.rtf).

You can also download NeoOffice for Mac OS X & above, which can handle both WP & Word formats. You can download this program and find extra instructions on how to use Word & WP documents here:

A third option is to use a free online file converter called Zamzar ( On this site, you sign up for free with a valid email address, upload a file, and it converts it (rather quickly...within minutes usually) and emails the converted file to you. If this is not practical for use in this case, it is a handy tool to keep in mind for other future needs.

Please let me know if none of these methods work for you and I can continue to help you as best I can. Otherwise, if you are happy with this solution, please click Accept to credit me with the answer.

Thanks and have a great day.