Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Is there any way to restore iPhoto to my iMac and regain my

Customer Question

Is there any way to restore iPhoto to my iMac and regain my pictures? It was just suddenly gone when I tried to use it the other day.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You mean, you lost the iPhoto application ?

Edited by Ashik on 11/1/2010 at 5:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Apparently. It's no longer shown in the apps. list.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
May be its got moved to some other location or it might be deleted. Please search iPhoto in Spotlight. Spotlight will search the entire hard drive for iPhoto application in seconds.
(Spotlight is the search box on the top right corner of your screen)

Let me know if Spotlight couldn't find iPhoto.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Spotlight did not show anything for iPhoto. What next?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Do you remember the version of iPhoto that you're using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. There were occasional downloads for the latest upgrades, but I don't know what the latest one was.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Open iMovie application. Click on iMovie menu and select "About iMovie". This will tell you the version of iMovie like iMovie 08 or iMovie 09 etc. iPhoto and iMovie should have same version number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It looks like it is version 4.0.1
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can reinstall iPhoto from the Mac OS X discs. Insert your Mac OS X Install disc 1
Double-click the "Optional Installs.mpkg." You may need to scroll down to see the Optional Installs icon.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

After the installer opens, you can choose iPhoto from Applications :

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Click Application from it and you can see a list of Applications...From the list enable the iPhoto and continue reinstallation..You'll be asked to insert the disk 2, so insert it and continue installation. Let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The last suggestion didn't work. It ended up returning my entire system to the basic things I had when I got the computer. Nothing worked. I have reloaded Panther, but am still at the basic stage and have not yet found a way to restore things to where they were before I asked the question.

So, needless to say, I am not satisfied and should not be charged for your "help." I have a local expert coming out to help me go from here later today.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I'm sure you didn't followed my suggestion. I just asked you to reinstall iPhoto, not the entire Mac OS X. Since you didn't accepted the answer, you won't get charged.