Travis
Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati
22842276

Can I copy Book on Tape (MP3) to iMac, then transfer to iPod

Customer Question

Can I copy Book on Tape (MP3) to iMac, then transfer to iPod Touch 3rd generation?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.

Travis :

Yes. In a simple answer. Is the book on tape, really on "tape" or do you have it on CD (.mp3 format or audio CD)?

Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.
Because you appear to be "offline" (not in the chat currently), I've converted this chat session to a Q&A session. You can simply post all comments, answers and questions here. Bookmark this page and return to it at a later time. I'll reply ASAP to any posts you provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have BOT on CD's that I play on portable MP3 player.(bulky device compare to iPod style). I also download many ebooks from audible etc.. and prefer listening through iPods I have 2 iPod, one with WMA format the other one MP3. I prefer working with iMac 24" and iPod touch, than MacBook & Windows XP.
Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.
If the following suggestions work, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer yet. Instead, let me know and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

If you insert the CD's into your mac, you should be able to import the audio directly into Itunes, then add the audio to your iPod touch via iTunes on the same computer.

Copy audio from a CD to iTunes

1) Open iTunes, and then insert the CD into your computer.
2) Click the CD name in the Source list to see the songs on the CD.
3) Uncheck any tracks you don’t want to import. Only checked tracks will be imported.
4) After you decide which tracks to import, click the Import CD button in the upper right corner. iTunes will begin copying the tracks from your CD to your iTunes Library.
5) After all the tracks are imported, click the Eject Disc button in the bottom right corner.
6) Connect your iPod Touch to the mac and access it via iTunes.
7) If the Touch is set to automatically sync with iTunes, the new tracks should automatically be added to the Touch. If it is not set to sync, then you will have to locate the tracks in the Music menu of iTunes and drag the new tracks to the iPod in the left menu bar in your iTunes window.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Add Aubible Books to your iPod

As far as Audible books, you'll have to download the audible files from the audible website, then drag them to your iTunes application. Then add the audible files to your iPod touch in the same fashion as the imported tracks above. However, the audiobooks will be located under the "Books" menu rather than the "Music" menu.

Register Here

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good Luck!

If I helped, please click ACCEPT. Otherwise I do not get paid. If you still need assistance or have further questions, I'll be glad to keep working until this issue is resolved.
FEEDBACK & Bonuses are always appreciated!
PLEASE, BEFORE leaving Negative Feedback,
allow me the chance to respond here.
Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience: 19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked great. Thanks. I did not see a box to choose $ to pay you? Let me know.
Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.
By accepting my Answer, your deposit was released and I've been paid my percentage. If you are referring to a Bonus, there should be an option here somewhere. A Bonus is not necessary, I'm just glad you're able to now access your audio books on your iPod. I'm personally addicted to audiobooks and am an Audible member as well. I have aXXXXXto work so I go through several books each month. It's my personal "down-time".

Thanks for the opportunity to help you out. If you have any future questions, please feel free to ask for me by name. I'd be honored to help again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In the past I've always chosen amount I was willing to pay. Never saw a figure today, thus I do not have a clue on how much money was charge to my CC, I ALWAYS like to know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just finished Bad Love, Jonathan Kellerman, read by Alexander Adams GREAT book. I purchased it from 'We Read 4 you" no montlhy subscription took advantage of 50% discount code. For Mac better to download M4B format. As I understand Apple developped program with iTunes for this purpose. Good luck. Christiane
Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.
Christiane,
Your deposit was for $10 on this question.

I have not read anything by Kellerman, but I've added it to my Audible Wishlist. My tastes usually lean toward the darker sorts (ie Laurell K Hamilton, Carrie Vaughnn, Daryl Gregory), but I recently finished the entire Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them all. The movies are not-so-good, especially if you haven't finished the books.

My three favorite audio book series are the Oz trilogy by Gregory Maguire (Wicked, Son of a Witch and A Lion Among Men). I finished all 3 then went to the play off Broadway. The books far out shine the play. Although I loved the play, it's just not the same. They took a very dark original book and turned it into "Grease". I was so disappointed I felt sick to my stomach. But I did love the play. Mixed emotions all around.

Second best audiobook series is Harry Potter. I'd read all of the books, but the audio books were fantastic and kept me very entertained for several weeks.

Last, "His Dark Materials". The trilogy by Philip Pullman. The audiobooks featured a full-cast. Very entertaining. Harkening back the days of the radio drama.

I'm completely rambling, but it's not every day that I get to talk about my love of the audio book. Thanks again for using Just Answer, and if you ever have any mac questions in the future, please ask for me by name. I'd be glad to help you again if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Neat. Thanks for in pput.
By the way there are 14 CD's in this book. Number 4, 7&8 are not listed in iTunes, under
Artist does that makes sense to you?
Expert:  Travis replied 3 years ago.
Sometimes, the disks are not listed in the CDDB, so when you put the disk in, nothing pops up. Other times, if you go to the top menu > advanced > get CD track names, it will locate and put them in.

If they do not pop up, you may have to put them names in yourself before importing. An easy way to do it is select all of the tracks, then go to the top menu > file > get info. You can put in the artist and title here and it will automatically upload it for all of the selected tracks.