Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

How do I retrieve Microsoft Word into my updated application

Customer Question

How do I retrieve Microsoft Word into my updated application Macbook? I can't seem to open anything which was created in word. Pages seems to be the only software available after the update, nO WORD.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
Did you ever buy Microsoft word for your mac? And is it installed along with pages?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
During the update for software and repair of touchpad, I lost all the software for Word,(only have Pages) Quicken, address book, Excel, etc. and many other things. I cannot find a way to retrieve it all. Absolutely nothing opens We communicated last night. I have not found a way to retrieve the software lost in the updates. I tried to use the migration in utilities as you suggested last night, but I still cannot open any documents created in word, or the other software applications or software which would make it possible for me to open them.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
continued: I bought the software for all those mentioned things in my original configuration, but since the update, have lost them all. What do you suggest. I cannot seem to retrieve any of it from the external backup drive. thanks you.
Ok. If that migration worked that is good. Sometimes not all the software migrates well. Sounds like you will need to reinstall word from the office disc.

Also if the migration was good for the other question could you please accept the answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think it may have worked, but since I have not been able to open virtually anything from my old computer, I couldn't for sure accept the answer. It did seem to show a transfer, but it did absolutely no good.I also have no I-tunes or anything else, essentially . The only thing working is my e-mail. Truly, that is why I didn't accept the answer.
Ok if you still having issue with that let's try something else. I will post something For you to try in your restore question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi:

I did what you suggested, but it turns out the problem was quite complicated. I went to the genius bar and spent three hours there getting all the backup material recovered onto my updated computer. It was difficult but we did it. I don't think without being there we could have solved this problem this way. I thank you for your time. If you wish, I will pay the charge anyway, since I took your time. But the solution was found by face to face communication and the computer and backup on hand. Thank you for your time.

Glad to hear it is working now. It's up to you if you want to accept.