Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree

When I sinc my iphone with my laptop, where are my contacts

When I sinc my iphone with my laptop, where are my contacts? When I look at Outlook, they appear differently. I want to be able to have any changes made to my phone reflect as an updated contact on my computer. I would also prefer that any changes made on my computer will be reflected on my phone. The latest change should replace the older version. How can I do this?
Thank you Omer,
Rich Halpern
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

You will need a MobileMe account. You can sign up for one (HERE).

Once you have done so, you will need to install the MobileMe Control Panel on your PC.

Then set up your Me.com mail account on your iPhone and configure it to sync your Contacts.

From there, your Outlook/iPhone will have the same contacts and reflect the latest changes.

Feel free to ask any quesitons, as I am here to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears that mobile me is a paid service? If it is can I back up all my data onto my laptop without additional costs. That way if I loose my phone, or it's data, apps, contacts etc. I can get a new iphone and be where I left off.

Thank you.

Rich Halpern

PS I assume your help is included in my one month trial offer? Or am I paying for each question?

Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
Correct, MobileMe is a paid service.

You can back all your data up on your iPhone in iTunes. Open iTunes, plug your iPhone into your computer. When your iPhone appears in the left column of iTunes, right click on it and select Backup. If you ever get a different iPhone, plug it up to this computer, open iTunes, right click on the iPhone icon and select Restore from Backup and then select the backup file that you want to restore. This will restore settings, contacts, calendars, notes, and app data. All music, videos, and apps will need to be synced via iTunes after the restore.

You can also "sync" your contacts, calendars, notes, via iTunes in the Info tab of iTunes, while your iPhone icon is select in the left column. You can sync the items to Outlook.

For any JustAnswer related billing questions, please send an email to info@justanswer.com as I have no access to any details of your account or billing (I just provide support).

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience: Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree