Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college

My trash bin has several items that are on my Drobo external

Customer Question

My trash bin has several items that are on my Drobo external drive and I can't delete them cause it says the are "in use", yet I can't find them on the Drobo and no of the items are openeor at least visibly. The items are all photos or videos.

Any ideas?
Thank you,
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using

Restart your computer and then option-Empty the Trash. Let me know if this works.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI: I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. I had tried this before and though it's a solution for "locked" files, this is not my case. The message that appears says "the operation cannot be completed because the item " of the item" is in use. I also checked my permissions in the get info of each file and I have read and write permissions and the files are not locked.