Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.

How do I write a letter on my imac 10.4

How do I write a letter on my imac 10.4?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 5 years ago.
I can help you with this. There is a basic document creation application on the mac called text edit. With this application you can type up a basic document and print it. It's found by going to you hard drive then go into the applications folder and double click on text edit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did what you said and I got a 4" by 4" screen or the whole screen. I couldn't get a regular 81/2 by 11' page. My old imac 9.0 computer did much better. Easy to find the font the size, print and a regular sheet size. Can you help me find a place like that? Thanks Peter Hatch
Sure, you can download a full office suite at It's an open soucre office suite.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This took you what a minute. What is the program on thr imac 9.0 that is so good?
The only other office application I can think of is the one apple makes which is called iWork. Also there is always Microsoft office.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had to go to openoffice for macs. I could write but I couldn't get it to indent paragraphs or start down the page, I was up in the corner the whole time. What do I do? Thanks, Peter
Ok, did you hit return a few times?