Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

My Hotmail account will not allow attachments. Error message

Customer Question

My Hotmail account will not allow attachments. Error message comes up and it asserts that the file is empty.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 3 years ago.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Greetings,

This can be a result of corrupt cache and/or cookies. Follow the steps below and your problem will be resolved.

- Open Safari
- In the top menu bar, click 'Safari'
- Click Empty Cache
- Click the Emtpy button
- In the top menu bar, click 'Safari'
- Click Preferences
- Click Security
- Click Bookmarks
- Click Show Cookies
- Click the Remove All button
- Click the Done button
- Close Safari
- Open Safari
- Try the attachment feature in Hotmail again

Please, update me on your status if you have any problems or questions.

If you are satisfied with my help, please click the Accept button and I will in effect be awarded credit from this site for helping you. In any case, I wish you a great day.

Thank you // Peace.

Customer :

Customer :

Hello , I tried these steps.

Mac Extraordinaire :

hello

Mac Extraordinaire :

Which version of Safari are you using?

Customer :

The same this is happening. It tells me that the file has errors and will not upload. I have successfully attached photos. none of my documents eg. excel, bank statements (in pdf form) I am not sure how to tell which version of safari

Customer :

version 5.0

Mac Extraordinaire :

So, you can attach photos, but you cannot attach other types of documents?

Customer :

yes

Mac Extraordinaire :

Are the attachments large in size?

Customer :

They are not particularly large, Specifically, they are my bank statements or single page word docs

Mac Extraordinaire :

Are they under 10MB in size?

Mac Extraordinaire :

This is a problem with Safari.

Please, visit the following site: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
- Click the Download Now button
- Download, save, and run that file.
- Restart Safari and try again.

Mac Extraordinaire :

Once you do that, it will reset your Safari settings for you and verify that you have the most up to date version of that program.

Customer :

88kb

Mac Extraordinaire :

After you do that, please update me on the status of the issue.

Customer :

Just completed the download of the latest version and I am still getting "Files with errors will not be uploaded" and when you view the error it says: "file appears empty"

Mac Extraordinaire :

I have ran out of ideas. For that reason, I am allowing another expert the chance to take over. I will alert him or her right now.

They will be here shortly.

Thank you and have a great day.

Customer :

Thanks mac Extraordinaire