Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis

I currently have a MacBook Pro, The 17inch I think...its pretty

I currently have a MacBook Pro, The 17inch I's pretty big and heavy compared to the new ones that are out now. It is around two years old. I also have a seperate 27in. monitor for it, so it is pretty much a desktop computer. So now I am moving into another apartment, where I was planning on having this computer with the monitor set up at a desk in an office type room, and then will have two lighter, smaller computers, to carry around, put on the couch etc, for me and my gf. I wanted to know your opinion on what these two should be (for me and my gf) I definitely want a Mac...she has never used one, but doesn't care...and I assume with setting up a home network, having apple tv (if that matteres) it would just be easier to get 2 Mac's right? Any opinions are welcome, no matter how different they may be from my ideas. Thanks.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just

Omer Mushahwar :

With your current step up and the thought of adding two more laptops I am assuming, going the all mac route will definitely streamline everything, as if they are all mac products, the computers the wireless router and the apple tv they are all made to interface with each other easily

Omer Mushahwar :

If you do decide to buy two new macs I would look at the new mac airs they are very light and easy to carry around though the one down side is things like cd drives are a separate usb attachment but if you dont mind that its great they weigh so little its a great laptop to walk around with

Omer Mushahwar :

Please let me know if you have any specific questions about products to use.

Sorry I was having an issue with the chat window so I switched the question to Q&A mode.

Please let me know if I can provide you with any more assistance
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No CD drive meaning I can't install any software? OR do I have to buy something else? What other negatives are there with this computer? Can you search the web regularly? Download things? Stream/Watch movies?

No its not that it doesn't have a CD ROm its that the CD rom is a usb attached device so when you need to install software you'd have to connect your cd rom its not built into the side of the laptop like the pro.

You can search the web and stream and watch movies its a great mobile laptop
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just one more thing...can you perhaps recommend the a couple choices of the "best" kind of this that you know of. I do not care about the cost, just the quality...I also have a 500g Time Machine if that matters. Also, do you suggest we both get the same computer? or do you think different types of mac laptop's be really useful given my situation? Thanks. Then I will close this case and you'll get paid. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anything before I accept and call it a day?
Hi and sorry about the delay on the response as far as the BEST kind of this it really will come down to personal preference.

The new Macbook Airs are super light weight very mobile if that is your top priority than i would get one of those with the max amount of memory which in these models is 4Gbs

However if you are looking for a laptop that will last for a bit I would suggest the mac book pro. If you can stand a little more weight in the laptop I highly suggest the 15" mac book pro that comes with the intel i7 processor I would up the memory in the machine to 8 GBs as the 8Gbs will really help the laptop processes things super quickly. The other bonus with going with the pros over the Air is the Cd/DVD drive is built into the laptop and not an attachment which makes one less thing you have to worry about when traveling so thats another added bonus for the macbook pro

Let me know if you have any other questions