Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis

my ipad suddenly fails to connect with interne Ive checked

my ipad suddenly "fails to connect with interne"

I've checked the router. Its OK. All other functions of the ipad work. Except of course it will not connect to the internet!

hep
Category: Mac
Expert:  Omer Mushahwar replied 3 years ago.

Omer Mushahwar :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just Answer.com
Can you tell me what type of wireless router you are trying to connect your IPAD to

Customer :

ADSL router DSL 2640R

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you know the type of security used with this router WAP WEP WPA2?

Customer :

NO

Omer Mushahwar :

Do you have other wireless devices that work fine with this router

Customer :

NO

Omer Mushahwar :

Ok have you ever used the wireless ability of the router with any device? Or just plugged say a desktop in with an ethernet cable

Customer :

No. Last jused an internet cable a year ago when first got the router

Omer Mushahwar :

Alright just trying to get a baseline for your setup and trying to see if its an issue with the router or the IPAD

Customer :

router suddenly asked for my talktalk password. I may have given the wrong password

Omer Mushahwar :

That could be a possibility

Omer Mushahwar :

if you did not put in the correct password XXXXX it wasnt in the correct capitalization it would disconnect

Customer :

In that case how do I reset the password?

Omer Mushahwar :

Sure let me get you the exact steps to do that one second

Omer Mushahwar :

Step 1 Open a web browser and type the IPaddress of the router into the address bar (default is http://192.168.1.1). Press Enter.

Step 2 The default username is admin (all lowercase) and the default password XXXXX XXXXX (all lower case). Click on OK.

Step 3 Click on the Setup tab at the top and then click on Wireless on the left-hand side.

Step 4 Under Security Mode click on the dropdown menu.

Step 5 Choose the security mode desired. The available modes are WEP,WPA-Personal,WPA-Enterprise homeusers will want to use WPA-Personal or WEP Step 6 Choose WPA only for higher compatibility this mode uses TKIP cipherand some gaming and legacy devices work only with this mode.

Step 7 Enter the desired Pre Shared Key in the PASSWORD Box. The Pre Shared Key has aminimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 63 characters. You can useany letter or number on the keyboard. Please note that the PreShared Key is case sensitive, "A" is not equal to "a".

Step 8 Apply settings andreboot the router for the changes to take affect.

Omer Mushahwar :

Essentially these are the steps to setup the wireless side of your router but walking through them will get you to where you can change the pre shared key in step 7 this is the wireless password XXXXX IPAD will need to connect

Omer Mushahwar :

Please let me know if you have any questions about these steps

Customer :

thanks. Sounds awesome. But will try. Bye

Experience: I work with Mac Computers and Servers on a daily basis