Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I have a MacBook with 500gigs of space, 2 gigs of ram, and

I have a MacBook with 500gigs of space, 2 gigs of ram, and is once of the first macbook editions. I want to be running very high security on my computer. I have the firewall and stealth mode enabled, I am behind the airport router as well. I would enable file-vault but it says i need to free an additional 200gigs which is a little rough and impossible. Is there another way to do this?
There would be a way to do this unless you move some of your data to the shared users folder. Filevault needs the same amount of space that it's going to encrypt. As it makes a encrypted copy of your home folder and then deletes the unencrypted after it's done.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is that the only way? Is there not another program or something????
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Not enough information .
Not enough information
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok so I did what you suggestion - misunderstood. Is there other reccomended secuirty software (preferably opensouce) out there that could possibly help encrypt my internet or something?
For open source software you can use truecrypt. It's a program that can make an encrypt file. You then can store files with it. You can get it at truecrypt.org. Also if your looking to encrypt you entire hard drive you will want to look at pgp. They have an app to encrypt your hold hard drive.