Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.

my macbook 13inch power supply doesnt work probably (The green

my macbook 13inch power supply doesn't work probably (The green light comes on as normal.) I can't run the macbook from the A/C adopter only!! and the battery doesn't charge normally (i have a note -Battery service- ) i tried to install SMC firmware 1.4 but it doesn't accept (message: you don't need this version of update)
I tried also to reset PMC, I unplugged A/C and battery, hold the power button, reconnect them again but still !
When I went to authorize maintenance apple reseller, they told me I need to change the motherboard!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 3 years ago.

Kyle Brockman :

Is there any pins that are stuck down on the magsafe adapter on the power brink?

Customer :

you mean from the inside?

Customer :

i think is a magnetic. there is 5 pins (2 just heads, 2 thick, and 1 in the middle is thin)

Customer :

?

Kyle Brockman :

Yea, if any are trapped down it will not work right, do you have another power brick you can test with?

Customer :

not now. but i can find one today

Kyle Brockman :

OK, test another brick, if it works then you would just need to pick up a new one, if the machine is still under warranty you can get it replaced by apple.

Customer :

usually the led light is green whenever i plug it to the macbook regardless the percentage of battery

Kyle Brockman :

What kind of mac is it?

Kyle Brockman :

and what inch screen?

Customer :

Sure. I'll try today, shall I back to contact you here again? I'm using MacBook 13 Aluminum unibody

Kyle Brockman :

Sounds good, I will be back on later.

Customer :

13 inch, 2.4 GHz, 250GB HD, MAC OS X 10.6

Customer :

OK.

Customer :

Thanks a lot. :) it's work now
I replaced the A/C charger (damaged pins) and battery (died :) )

Customer :

I just want to say THANKS :)

Customer :

i'm going to accept your answer.
have a nice day, and all the best

Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.