Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I am experiencing problems retrieving e-mail from my googlemail

I am experiencing problems retrieving e-mail from my googlemail account. I get error message saying exceed bandwidth. When I look everywhere online and in my Applemail client there is nothing to suggest a bandwidth problem. I have gone on-line and attempted to troubleshoot with various approaches none of which were successful. I checked my account settings and they are correct. In searching for answers it appears that many people are encountering this problem. My OS is 10.6.4 and Applemail is Version 4.3 (1081). Using IMAP with port 993.

Please help it has been a week since I was able to download my mail.

Thank you Paul Fritz
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 3 years ago.
What is giving you the error message? Apple Mail or something else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Apple Mail.

The error message is: The server returned the error: Account exceeded bandwidth limits. (Failure)
And your gmail account is the only account set up in mail?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I also have a mobileme account set up in Apple Mail which is working.

Paul Fritz
Ok good, Do you have your contacts stored in mobileme? And what is set up on the phone right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The contacts are in my AddressBook but I do not have them synchronize either with Gmail or Mobileme. There was a time when I uploaded the contacts from my AddressBook to Gmail and to MobileMe.

I have an iphone. If you mean what mail accounts are there, it is the same Gmail and MobileMe account and settings.
Can you take a screen shot of the error message and post it? To take a picture press command shift 4, then click and drag over the error message. It will make an image file and place it on your desktop.

Edited by Kyle Brockman on 10/18/2010 at 2:33 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
post it where? I tried to copy the screenshot to the reply window which did not work.

Paul
If you open justanswer with firefox it will allow you to post an image.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have Firefox.

Paul
You can download firefox at getfirefox.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
Thank you for uploading the images, this helps a lot. In the Advanced tab, delete all text in the IMAP path prefix field. This should be left blank.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It did not work.

Paul
Have you tried quitting and reopening mail entirely?
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.