Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I just bought a new canon pixma mx 357 printer. However, I

Customer Question

I just bought a new canon pixma mx 357 printer. However, I cannot get it to print on from my 3 2 month old mac book pro; running on OS X 10.6. I keep getting the following error message - Error Number : 311 Printer is in use or an error has occurred. If an error has occurred, eliminate the cause of the error.,

Supposedly, the canon drivers are already in OS system. I also went up to canon & mac website to download print drivers & re-install them again. The canon printer is already shown on the printer / fax.

Any idea how to get it to be able to print and scan? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

First, try to change the USB Cable and connect to a different USB port on your Mac. If that didn't worked, then reset the Printing settings.

1. Goto System Preferences from the Apple menu or from the Dock.
  2. Open Print & Fax ( you can also open Print & Fax from the View menu)
  3. Control-click (Right click) on list of printers on the left side of the window, then choose "Reset printing system" from the contextual menu.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 10/16/2010 at 6:00 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. U r absolutely right, the problem was the USB cord. I was lazy n used an old one which was 6 year old. Wonder what changed... Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Glad you sorted it out. Thanks for Accepting my answer...

Best Regards,