Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.

I have a number of old 3-1/2 inch square floppy (they arent!)

I have a number of old 3-1/2 inch square floppy (they aren't!) disks that my LaCie Pocket Floppy Disk Drive can put on the desktop of my eMac which runs OSX 10.4.11.

When I open the icon, I get a screen with several entries with various file name extensions . When I click on these I get the message: 'no default application specified' and 'choose application'.

How do I choose? Thank you. Frans Greebe.
What are some of the extensions on the files?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
F02, FR0, FR1, FR2, FRA, FRK, DAT, LO1 (2,3,4 and 5), LL1 thru 5, LLA, LLD, LLJ, LLM, LLN, LLO, LLS HOC, HSE, HAO, HAP, HDE, HJU, HMA, HOO, ALT, NUA, HA(0,1,2), HAP, HAU, HDO, HBE, HFO, HFE, HJ(0,1,2,3), HJA, HJN.

Some or many of these may have been attached while I was using Mac OS9 some years ago.
Ok, That is a lot of different files. The web site that will help you best to find out what each file is You can search each file ext in the upper right hand corner of the site. LIke HAP is Hamarsoft HAP 3.x.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for pointing me to It looks helpful but I will have to learn how to use it. Frans.