OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I lost all of my appointments in ICal on my Iphone. Is there

Customer Question

I lost all of my appointments in ICal on my Iphone. Is there any way to get it back? Once I stopped using Mobileme it never backed up to my Ical on my laptop.
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton. Are you available?

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

Yes

OSXpert :

Good deal, did you have all of your calendar entries in MobileMe?

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

No I had cancelled Mobileme a while back

OSXpert :

Were all of your appointments in your MobileMe calendar?

OSXpert :

Before you cancelled I mean

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

That was a long time ago. I am not sure what a mobileme calendar is - it used to update to Ical on my Mac from my iphone.

OSXpert :

Okay, I'm trying to figure out where your calendar appointments have been going since you have been using your iPhone -- did you enter the appointments on your iphone, in ical, or both?

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

I see what you are asking. I entered all of my appointments in Ical on my iphone. I think last week, I entered one on my Ical on my computer (it is the only appt still listed on both). I do plug into itunes almost daily - and my sync on itunes is set to sync all calendar items for 365 days - but I haven't seen it sync with anything. when I restored and reconnected to itunes the dates that it looked like I backed up where in July and then October 2nd after I had done the restore. I did look at mobile sync - a utility that did show some of appointments but not the most recent (the ones I need)

OSXpert :

I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused. Tell me this, are the appointments you added on either the phone or your Mac in iCal?

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

All my appointments I enter on my iphone in Ical. I did enter one last week on my mac in Ical.

OSXpert :

So, all of your appointments are EITHER on your phone, or your computer, correct?

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

Yes but again 99 percent of them I had entered on my phone

OSXpert :

That's fine, I just want to confirm that you haven't actually lost any of your calendar entries. As long as they are on your phone or your computer...

OSXpert :

That being said, what is your end goal?

JACUSTOMER-w3awknkq- :

No that is what I am saying - all of my calendar items that I entered on my phone are now gone. I have lost all of my information.