Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

I have some older music that I ripped from CDs that I no longer

Customer Question

I have some older music that I ripped from CD's that I no longer have, and until recently thought they were in my iTunes Library. They're not, and every time I try to import them, iTunes doesn't recognize them. Is there any way to fix this? I really want to listen to my music.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

To import music from a CD into iTunes, you need to open iTunes while the CD is in the computer, and then you should see it listed on the left side of the iTunes window. There you can select it, and in the lower right corner, click the Import button. That should bring the files into iTunes and place them in your Library.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.

JACUSTOMER-0egr42od- :

Unfortunately, the music is on an external harddrive, and every time I've tried to import it, its not working.

JACUSTOMER-0egr42od- :

I'm not really sure what else to do aside from trying to format the files differently and changing them back to mp3 in order to have my computer recognize the files.

Jesse :

Okay, do you know what format they're in right now?

JACUSTOMER-0egr42od- :

mp3

Jesse :

Sorry for the delay.

Jesse :

If they're truly MP3's, then you should be able to drag the files into the open iTunes window.

Jesse :

You may need to use a converter to get them into iTunes.