Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

my safari suddenly wont load, so i cant get on the internet

my safari suddenly won't load, so i can't get on the internet with it. I am using google chrome, [it is not my primary vehicle]. the pop-up suggests it could be a problem with the ct_plugins plug-in, although i recently downloaded some vuze [movie download program] software.
help me, i am computer ignorant
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Follow the steps below to fix the Safari problem.

Go to Macintosh HD/Library/InputManagers and trash the ct_loader.bundle file.

Also, go to Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plugins and remove anything related to CT. Now open Safari...

(Macintosh HD is your hard disk and Library, Input Managers etc are folders inside Macintosh HD.)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i trashed the ct_loader bundle, but could not see anything related in internet plug-ins. i have flashplayer.xpt, iphotocast.plug-in, javaplugincocoa.bundle,np-ppc-dir-shockwave, officelivebrowserplugin.plugin,quartzcomposer.webplugin,quicktimeplugin.webplugin, and verifieddownloadplugin.plugin. any of those?
No...open Safari and see if it works or not.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I MISSED FLASHPLAYER PLUG-IN,JAVAPLUG-IN2_NPAPI.PLUG-IN,NSIQTSCTRIPTABLEPLUGIN.XPT,AND QUICKTIME PLUGIN.PLUGIN, WHEN I HIT SAFARI, GOOGLE CHROME CAME UP, [I HAD MINIMIZED IT ON MY SCREENAND SINCE I AM CONTACTING YOU ON GOOGLE I DIDN'T WANT TO LOSE IT.
Add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection. Goto Macintosh HD > Applications folder and open Safari from there.

Edited by Ashik on 10/4/2010 at 2:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
EVERY TIME I STATR SAFARI GOOGLE CHROME COMES UP. SHOULD I TRASH GOOGLE CHROME?
I'M ANSWERING YOU VIA E-MAIL, THE BOOKMARK DIDN'T APPEAR [ I'M PRETTY COMPUTER IGNORANT, AND AT 68, FIND IT HARD TO LEARN NEW TRICKS]
Yes, just trash Google Chrome. But don't empty the trash..so you can restore Google Chrome back from trash if that didn't worked.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I TRASHED GOOGLE CHROME FROM MY MACINTOSHHD, BUT WHEN I LAUNCHED SAFARI, THE GOOGLE CHROME CAME UP, ALTHOUGH IT COULDN,T GET ON THE INTERNET.
Sorry for the delay... Download and reinstall latest version of Safari from here : http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I INSTALLED SAFARI 5.0.2 [I HAVE LEOPARD] BUT WHEN I RE-STARTED AND LAUNCHED SAFARI, GOOGLE CAME UP. SHOULD I HAVE DELETED THE CURRENT SAFARI FIRST? REMEMBER, I'M NOT FAMILIAR WITH MAC.
HOW ABOUT I TRY DELETING GOOGLE NOW?
Yes, trash Google Chrome from your Mac. Make sure its completely gone from your Mac. And you don't have to remove the current Safari to install latest one. Reinstall Safari again and see if that works.