Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 2 years of experience in computer industry including MAC

How to delete a downloaded photo intended for a ScreenSaver

Customer Question

How to delete a downloaded photo intended for a ScreenSaver: I downloaded a photo to use as a screen saver and I guess it ended up in the file (in system preferences) called “pictures.” However when I click on the file I can’t find it in the pictures folder anywhere to delete it. Also is there a way to add a picture folder to Apples ScreenSavers? {Which I don’t think-so because when I try, it add’s it to the Folders file at the bottom}
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Joseph :

We will try to help you.

Joseph :

Just refer this link to set some images from your Picture folder as screensavers

Joseph :

For removing the image that you have now

Joseph :

go to "/System/Library/PreferencePanes/DesktopScreenEffectsPref.prefPane/Contents/Resources/DesktopPictures.prefPane/Contents/Resources/Collections.plist"

Just remove the section with the image name that you wish to remove and save the file in the same location.