OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

What are the pixel dimensions of the 17 vs the 15 Macbook

What are the pixel dimensions of the 17" vs the 15" Macbook Pro monitors?

Thanks.
Chat Conversation Started
OSXpert :

Hi, my name is Britton.

OSXpert :

The 15" Macbook Pro has two versions. The base resolution of the 15" models is 1440x900. If you want a higher pixel density, you can pay $100 and increase the resolution to 1680x1050.

OSXpert :

The 17" Macbook Pro has a resolution of 1920x1200. This is about the highest resolution you can find in a mobile display

OSXpert :

Let me know if you need more information about this, I'd be glad to help. Just an FYI, I have a Macbook Pro, running 1440x900. The screen looks nice, however, when I upgrade, I will be purchasing at least a 15" running 1680x1050 or more likely a 17" running 1920x1200. The 17" screen is beautiful and is worth the extra money in my opinion. Thanks!