Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I was trying to copy my pictures to my other user, and ended

I was trying to copy my pictures to my other user, and ended up with a duplicate picture next to each of my original pictures. This is kind of a problem because I have 8000 pictures. How can I get rid of duplicate pictures.I am in I photo
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

How did you copy the pictures to your other account ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was in I photo and selected all photos then I clicked on copy and tried to paste them to a folder
That is not the correct way to copy the pictures. You have to copy the library, or put the library in the Shared folder. If you put the library into the Shared folder, both users can access the same library (thus it'll save disc space).

There is no easy way to remove the duplicates, you have to do it manually. Or you can buy this application and use it to remove the duplicates. Duplicate Annihilator :

Once you remove the duplicates, goto Macintosh HD > Users > current user account > Pictures folders and move iPhoto library to Macintosh HD > Users > Shared folder.

(If you want the iPhoto library in two accounts, then copy the Library from Pictures folder and paste it to other accounts Pictures folder)

Then open iPhoto while holding down the Option key. Select Choose Library and locate the iPhoto library in Shared folder.

Let me know how it goes..

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks I am really looking forward to spending my sunday in front of this screen, again.
Is this my one free help?
JustAnswer is not a free help site, you have to pay for the answer or you have to pay a monthly subscription.

If my answer worked, please click the Accept button. So that i'll get credit for helping you. If not worked, please let me know and will continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well "There is no easy to remove the duplicates you have to do it manually" is not really very helpful how hard would it have been to have something like that in the I photo program do you have any idea how long it is going to take to delet 8000 pictures / I just bought this computer its my first mac and my sales guy in palo alto said I could get one free help call to try it out
JustAnswer is a thirdparty company and doesn't provide any free help. I know how much time it'll take to remove the 8000 duplicates and i didn't said you can't remove the duplicates. You can use Duplicate Annihilator application to remove the duplicates easily.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for setting me up with the duplicate annihilator it did work very well for me.