OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

Hi Guys, i have been trying to help a friend out with his

Customer Question

Hi Guys,
i have been trying to help a friend out with his CCTV system, we can get it working with Windows but not for Mac, this causes a problem as all the computers run mac.
i have spoken to Dedicated Micros and they have given us a Beta version of NetVu Observer for the system.

http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/extranet/TSG/DMObserverMacOs-1.9.0-090701.zip

but when i load this on it fails with a file missing LIBFFMPEGCODEC i have narrowed this down the ffmpeg software but as i am a complete novice to mac it have confused the hell out of me to how to set this up and i am getting very frustrated yet a little interested at the same time.
can anyone help a complete idiot with mac with a step by step guide to how to get this working as i have been reading and reading the pages but can't get my head round it.

Many thanks

Dave XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
OSXpert :

Hello, my name is Britton. Are yo available?

Customer :

yes mate

OSXpert :

good deal.

OSXpert :

I'm not familiar with the software you're using for the CCTV system, but let's try some things to see if we can get it working

OSXpert :

first, go here, and download perian

OSXpert :

http://perian.org/

OSXpert :

install it, It should contain the ffmpeg decoder that you need...Let's see where that takes us

Customer :

i am not with the mac atm, but if you can let me now if you have any ideas and also how to load these software ffmpeg on, for some reason all the arcitles i have been reading it is telling me that i have to insert code :)

OSXpert :

okay, do you know how to install software on a mac?

Customer :

is it possible for you to email me some instructions and i will give it a go as the way i have been trying today seems really complicated

?

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: 2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i do not know how to install software on a mac, my computer has just crashed, and lost conversation :( i have been considering going over to mac myself but this is putting me off a little bit
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I can walk you through it. First go to this site and download perian:

http://perian.org/

That will download a file called Perian_1.2.1.dmg

Double-click this file (this will mount it), a window should open containing some icons of Perian. From here, double click "Perian.prefPane"

This will install Perian. From here, reboot the machine and then try running the CCTV software. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i will try this and get back to you, does this stay open? do i have to pay anymore?
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
you can leave this open, or come back to it when you get back. It should still work fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right i would love to sat it worked but it didn't :) is there a way of sending you a screen shot of what it says?
or can you understand what is below:

Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot find library on classpath: libffmpegcodec.jnilib

this is starting to frustrate the hell out of me
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Sorry about the delay (and your frustration). Were you able to get Perian installed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I installed the software perian and it still comes up with the same box as listed in the last comment so I am no further than when I started :(. Have u tried the software from the link I sent you? Did it work?
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
I just looked through our previous communications, I don't see a link. Are you sure you posted it?

That aside, it sounds like you're still missing the ffmpeg codec library. We can install it, unfortunately however, this process is going to get more and more detailed and is going to require some familiarity with the Unix command line.

That said, I need you to download the actual source code for libffmpeg and compile it on the machine. Believe me, I know this has got to be a pain for you (you should notify the company about how much of a nuisance it has been trying to get their software running).

This will be much easier if you have a friend or know someone who is savvy with the command line. Otherwise, take a look at the instructions here:

http://stephenjungels.com/jungels.net/articles/ffmpeg-howto.html

Refer back to me for questions -- You'll also need to install the Mac OS X developer tools. You can install them from your Mac OS X DVD (that came with the system) or you can register as a developer (free) and download them here:

http://connect.apple.com/

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am off to buy a mac laptop pro at the weekend so I can sort this out real time with you but please find the link above. if you get it loaded let me know and I will give you the ip to check if the cams work

Good luck and i will get developer downloaded

Thanks for your help
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
I can install it this evening when I get home. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well!
did you have enjoy loading the software or am i flogging a dead donkey with this software :)
Regards
Dave
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
Im getting the same error, and I'm having trouble compiling ffmpeg on my Macbook Pro. I'll try it again tomorrow on my Mac Pro -- however, can you give me all of the details of the product we're interfacing with? (name, product code, etc... basically all information you have)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what to give you really,

The software is NetVu Observer, it is a DVR (CCTV) recorder software which allows you to remotely view and adjust anything to do with the CCTV system. it is made for windows but when i ask Dedicated Micros (Manufacturer) about running this software with a mac they sent me the link, this is the MAC version of the software!

if you have a standard PC you can see our system and download the windows version from http://llski.dyndns-ip.com and you can see excaltly what the software should do,

we can run the live view from internet explorer and firefox off a windows based PC but it will not run live in firefox as it says the java is out of date, if this could be sorted instead then problem solved as they only need the viewer.

in the config pages i have set live view to java instead of activex and this is how i managed to get firefox to work.

i hope this helps

Dave
Expert:  OSXpert replied 3 years ago.
I have been fighting with this for a couple of days now and am not making any progress.

I have compiled and installed copies of libffmpeg and LAME -- neither of which seem to satisfy the requirements.

I'm thinking we need to contact the people that make the product -- to be frank -- their software is lousy (at least for Mac). I can open a trouble ticket with the company, but I need all of the details (name, product code, etc...)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please find below:

Product:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
DS2

Register Here
Machine Serial Number:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
A1X060702006

Register Here
PCB Serial Number:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
MP060528N207

Register Here
MAC Address:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
00-D0-D9-05-2E-85

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
Software Version:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
04.5 (064) M2IP - 03.1 (09.2)

Register Here
Bootloader Version:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
04.5 (064) M2IP - 03.1 (09.2)

Register Here
C2DM elf Version:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
01.3 (075) C2DM

Register Here
Web Page Version:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
03.2 (5.5) - 16/03/2010

Register Here
PC application Version:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
02.0 (1.16.3-1) - 2010

Register Here
Video Inputs:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
16

Register Here
Pictures per second:

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
50

Register Here
NV-RAMDISK (B:)

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
0
it is a digital sprite 2 recorder from dedicated micros.

i would understand if you want to give up, but if you are like me once i have started something i don't like it to beat me

Register Here
..... have you tried logging on to llski.dyndns-ip.com with firefox from your MAC PRO. i can get to the config page but it will not let you watch live as it say the java is out of date