Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Dear Sir I have gathered some 7,000 pictures in seven

Dear Sir:
I have gathered some 7,000 pictures in seven libraries. Having completed a big chore, I would like to eliminate 1 library; and better label 4 other libraries. How can I do these two things? Thanks for your help
Fr. Tom Rudolph XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Are you using iPhoto ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I'm using i Photo
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
What version of iPhoto ? iPhone 08, iPhoto 90 etc ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have an i Photo 09 version 8.1.2
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Okay..You have Seven iPhoto Libraries on your Mac and you want to delete one library. Then rename other 6 libraries. Am i right ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sir:
It is agitating to continue as we're doing. I have other obligations shortly. The above question is unnecessary. As I told you I want to delete one library and re-label or rename 4 others. If you can't help, please say so, refund my money offer and I will feel OK. But I'd feel better if you provide help.
Thank you
Tom Rudolph
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Tom, i can help. I'm consfused with your question. You said you have 7000 photos in 7 libraries and you want to delete one library and then rename other 4 libraries. I'm confused in this pare. If you delete 1 library from 7 library, you have 6 libraries left ???? I want to know if you want to rename the 6 libraries or just 4 of them. Let me know..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The one library I want to delete was just a temporary library from which I sorted scanned pictures that were sent to me. From there I transferred them to the appropriate basic six libaries in my collection. Some of them I want to re-label more correctly. Please bring this to a conclusion soon since I must go for Mass. If you don't know an answer, I don't want to go to other experets.
Thanks
Tom Rudolph
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I know the answer....first you have to be patient. If you are not satisfied with my answer, then let me know and i'll opt out and send this question to other experts or you'll get your money back.

Open Macintosh HD > Users > your username > Pictures folder and you can see all your iPhoto Libraries in there. Just select the library you want to delete, and then drag it to the trash or press Command + delete button on your keyboard.

To rename other libraries, select the libraries and press return key on your Keyboard. This should bring selection to the file name. Now, just change the name and de-select it. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Only click accept after it worked...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank God,
I successfully deleted the temporary library.
Then I succeeded in re-labeling the Misc. library to "Hmong pictures". However when I went back to the vertical listing of libraries "Hmong pictures" was not there. Where were they? I look in the folder "I chat Icons" and found it there. So I dragged it to the desktop. But when I went back to the other libraries the "Hmong pictures" didn't go back in the same way as the other libraries. Should I add another folder and put all libarires in there? At any rate I can change labels now without lsoing them. Can you help me with that final small item. Also when I save pictures to my external drive back up - I presume it would be from this location. Right?
I must leave at 10 AM. If we can't finalize, I want to get back to you around noon to be satisfied.
Tom
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Close iPhoto, hold down Option key on your Keyboard and restart iPhoto. You'll get a screen asking to Choose or create new iPhoto library. Select "Choose Library" and locate the Hmong Pictures library and open it. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can come back here later.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Ashik,
I followed your suggestion and emptied the dislocated Hmong pictures into the newly created library and now it is a library equal to the other libraries. HOWEVER I NOW HAVE 3 HMONG LIBRARIES (one marked default) I tried to delete the two other unneeded Hmng libraries (according to your previous instructions) but they wouldn't delete. Hopefully you can finalize this with one more reply
Thanks
Tom
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Goto Pictures folder and how many libraries can you see in there now ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Ashik,
I went to my "pictures" folder and found 7 libraries there as it should be. Previously I had three Hmong folders (one marked as default). I couldn't delete the other two. How did you manage to do so? I trust that if the need arises again I can go to the pictures folder and delete a library by dragging it to trash. Is that correct?
As a safeguard in following your directive, I pressed the option key and put the Hmong library on the desktop and also in the HD (as backups). Now I will drag them to the trash.
Finally I admit I was impatient. But I will not contact you again on Sunday morning.
Thanks very much for your help.
Tom Rudolph
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I'm very confused with your reply. All you need to do is, trash the library you don't want anymore, from PIctures folder and then rename the other libraries...that is the way to do it.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will accept your answer. The reason I caused you some confusion is this: When I had a default library for the Hmong., I could Not drag the other two Hmong libraries to the trash. You didn't tell me how they disappeared but they did. So I willing to leave it as it is. Amen.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
First thanks for Accepting my answer...But i'm not ready to give up yet. Are those three Hmong folders are in PIctures folder or in iPhoto application ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There were 3 Hmong folders, but the main one was marked (default). I tried to move the other 2 to trash but was unable to move them. Then I had to leave and when I returned later the 2 extra Hmong folders were gone. But the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that NOW all is back in order under "pictures". And as you told me I can move libraries to trash if needed, and I can highlight them to change the label name.

When it comes to saving the various libraries of pictures to my external back up drive, I will move them from the "pictures" section to the back-up. If necessary I will hold down the "option" key when I move them.

Thanks again XXXXX
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tom,
Does everything working fine now ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All is A - OK
Let this be the end of our communication at this time.
Gratefully
Tom Rudolph