Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a late 2008 MacBook and a new Flip Mino HD. My first

I have a late 2008 MacBook and a new Flip Mino HD. My first video upload / edit / web share experience went great. My second one was a bust because I kept getting a prompt that prevented FlipShare from opening, saying something to the effect of: "FlipShare can't open because another user is on the program." So I assumed that, even though I was the first one to ever link it up to a laptop (mine), somehow my wife must've imported vids from it and now it doesn't like my laptop. Then I purged my hard drive of FlipShare and tried to use iMovie to upload and edit / share, and that worked brilliantly. Once. Now iMovie tries to upload and it crashes the system. I'm pulling my hair out, and I can't afford to lose much more. I'm on the verge of buying an iPod Touch to streamline this effing process. Anybody have any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Expert,

what other information do you need?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
It sounds as though your machine needs some maintenance.
I would start with a pram reset followed by safe boot and then repairing the permissions.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes.
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.
This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

To do a Safe Boot, restart and before the first chime press and hold the 'Shift' key.
Wait until you see the Apple logo and the spinning gear appear, then let go.
It can take as long as 20 minutes to load, so please be patient.
When the login screen appears it will say in red on the login window 'SafeBoot'.
Now login and give it a few more minutes to finish loading.
Try doing whatever it was it was giving you the problem. If it works then probably the problem is solved, so restart normally.
If the problem persists then restart normally also, other fixes will need to be done.

This PDF explains how to repair your permissionsRepairing Permissions

And this PDF explains why you just did all of that.
Let me know if that helps.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.