Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

I was working in the pages program and clicked to close. The

Customer Question

I was working in the pages program and clicked to close. The program closed without asking if I wanted to save. When I went to open it, all the work I had done was gone. Is there ANY way to retrieve the work I did? Also, why would the program not ask me if I wanted to save?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please remember to click ACCEPT if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Please try the following:

1- Open Pages

2- Click File

3- Then click "Open Recent"

Do you see the file listed there?

4- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Already did that last night. The only file there is the one I started with and that is the same for this morning. I finally got my computer back-up to open and that only had the original file and no changes. At this point I've giving up and going to spend the 5 hours to redo the work. Thanks. C

I am sorry about it. You are very welcome!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, John. I know you already responded and know that the answer provided nothing I had not already done, but Just Answer sent me a couple of emails asking me to accept the answer. I don't need more information. I am not accepting the answer since it provided nothing I had not already done. Thanks for trying. I hope this clears it up with the Just Answer people. Thanks. Cheryl