VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
16924516

how do I upgrade from tiger to snow leopard The install disc

Customer Question

how do I upgrade from tiger to snow leopard? The install disc keeps gettin spit out!
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
VanMagnus Systems :

Thank you for choosing JA for you IT needs.

VanMagnus Systems :

You need to hold just the C key to force the MAc to boot from the disk.

Customer :

Install CD keeps getting spit back out.

VanMagnus Systems :

Also, you can just put the disk in.

VanMagnus Systems :

Now, if no matter what you do. The disk is being kicked out.

Customer :

ok it's in.

Customer :

yes

VanMagnus Systems :

The Super Drive is bad and must be replaced.

Customer :

Is tht big bucks?

Customer :

It reads other cd's?????

VanMagnus Systems :

What is your exact Mac model?

Customer :

MacBook PRO 2 GIG

VanMagnus Systems :

Sorry, your drive only read CD's?

Customer :

It'll read DVD also....

Customer :

Bought the install at an Apple Store. The 1st one did the same thing so I returned it for a new one, and, still

VanMagnus Systems :

OK.

Customer :

spits the install disc out....

VanMagnus Systems :

Where did the disk come from?

VanMagnus Systems :

Did you buy it from the Apple store?

Customer :

yes

VanMagnus Systems :

OK. What is the exact model of Mac that you are using?

Customer :

Macbook Pro Version 10.4.11 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

VanMagnus Systems :

OK.

Customer :

Changed the name of the HD is that an issue?

Customer :

Also, Can Virtual Machine w/ Windows XP be an issue?

Customer :

Do you need the serial number?????

VanMagnus Systems :

Nope.

VanMagnus Systems :

OK, your Drive information is as follows to replace it.

VanMagnus Systems :

http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.8178/.f

VanMagnus Systems :

The drives on that page range from $25 to over $100.

Customer :

Are you relativelt certain it's the optical drive???

VanMagnus Systems :

You have a Mac, your drive keeps kicking out the disk. Those are the models that will work in you Mac.

VanMagnus Systems :

Some are Apple and some are others that will work in the Mac.

VanMagnus Systems :

I work on Mac's and when they kick out a disk consistently. there is an issue with the Drive.

VanMagnus Systems :

How old is your Mac?

VanMagnus Systems :

Switching to Q&A session to await your reply.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.