VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
16924516

Are videos from skype calls captured and stored in any way

Are videos from skype calls captured and stored in any way so that others might be able to access them?
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
VanMagnus Systems :

What is the the Browser that you are using?

Customer :

Safari

VanMagnus Systems :

Thank you for choosing JA.

VanMagnus Systems :

OK

VanMagnus Systems :

Since you are using Safari

Customer :

The only response that came thru is "Since you are using safari..."

VanMagnus Systems :

No one else.

VanMagnus Systems :

Can view the files.

VanMagnus Systems :

The files can be found on the HDD of the Mac

VanMagnus Systems :

Sorry about the first answer. The files can be found.

Customer :

can the videos be removed from the HDD?

VanMagnus Systems :

They are stored as an .FLV, MP4,

Customer :

So they are "out in space" and available to anyone who knows how to search for them?

VanMagnus Systems :

You can search for those files.

Customer :

How would one do so? If Found can they be deleted?

VanMagnus Systems :

Yes.

Customer :

Is that yes from the Mac HDD or the internet?

VanMagnus Systems :

Yes they can be deleted.

Customer :

From both the Mac and the internet? Or just the Mac?

VanMagnus Systems :

Give...

VanMagnus Systems :

Me a moment to write the instructions.

Customer :

Thanks

VanMagnus Systems :

You are welcome.

VanMagnus Systems :

Toolbar search

You can search for items from the Finder's toolbar.

VanMagnus Systems :

Full Size Image

VanMagnus Systems :

When you type in the Search field and press Return, Mac OS X searches for items whose names contain the terms you typed. Mac OS X automatically searches only inside the disk or folder you opened or selected in the Finder. In the image below, Mac OS X would only search the contents of the Pictures folder inside the home folder.

VanMagnus Systems :

Are you still here?

Customer :

The finder example is "pictures", what about videos? The finder would only find things that are on the Mac (I assume). I still don't know if the video can be deleted from the internet if found, or how to find them.

VanMagnus Systems :

Ok

VanMagnus Systems :

Remember I type the file extensions for you.

VanMagnus Systems :

Mov. FLV,WMV

VanMagnus Systems :

Those are the formats.

Customer :

I'm afraid that doesn't mean much to me, sorry. What are the file names that the extensions are appended to?

VanMagnus Systems :

OK.

VanMagnus Systems :

Like Stream.FLV for example. You can search for *.FLV. The Star * means Wildcard option.

VanMagnus Systems :

Such as *.mov , *.flv , *.wmv or *.mp4

Customer :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

VanMagnus Systems :

Not a problem

VanMagnus Systems :

If my solution resolves you issue. Please Accept my Answer.

VanMagnus Systems :

Switching to a Q&A session.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The answers that are now showing up in the transcript are more complete than those that showed up in the Chat process. One last question (I don't think you specifically answered earlier): Are videos from Skype calls visible to anyone who knows how to find them on the web? Yes or No please. Thanks again
Oh, when you are on your system folks cannot see them unless you share them with them. There is heavy encryption on Skype sessions, so nope Sir or Ma'am.
Experience: A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.