VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
16924516

My Mail isnt working properly

My Mail isnt working properly
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
VanMagnus Systems :

Thank you for choosing JA for you IT needs. What is the issue with the Mail prgram?

VanMagnus Systems :

Also, what is the mailprogam that you are using?

VanMagnus Systems :

I will switch to a Q&A session to await your reply.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm using the Mac Mail. keeps rejecting my password. Do i need to subscribe to have it work?
Who is your Mail Provider?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

not sure if that's the answer you're looking for
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
.Mac
Oh, it is Mac.com or Mail.com or....? Not the actual address just the Domain, such as Apple.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i think this is what you're looking for? smtp.me.com or mail.me.com
not sure how to find the domain
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i'm using the Mail application
Yes that is correct. Are you sure that you are using the right Password?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, im using the right password

The SMTP server “smtp.me.com” rejected the password XXXXX user “spactana”

just curious, using mail app is free right? i dont have to pay to have it work?
Yes it is a free App.
What is the exact error that you are getting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2 different account pops up. i also get this message: The MobileMe IMAP server “mail.me.com” rejected the password XXXXX user “spactana”
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
maybe this information will help you figure out the problem. I also received this message: "Cannot send message using the server smtp.me.com:spactana"

I also notice that both my outgoing reads "offline" ex: smtp.me.com:spactana.mac(OFFLINE), smtp.m.com:spactana(OFFLINE).

I tried clicking on the "Connection Doctor" button on the side and they all failed. Trying to log in to this "mobileMe IMAP; SMTP; SMTP Server" account failed. Verify that the username and password XXXXX correct.
OK, I have run some tests to those sites that you have entered here and they are down.
They are off line Sir or Ma'am, these are the settings:

Account type (incoming email server type): IMAP
Incoming mail server: mail.me.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.me.com

Please check your settings and make sure that they match these.
Experience: A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's ok, I spoken with an apple tech in regards XXXXX XXXXX problem. The problem was that, I was using a 60 day free trial for my "@mac.com" account, when the trial expired, that's when I experienced my email problem. I did not continue subscription and left my "@mac.com account" inactive for almost .. 4 years (lol). During 2006-2007, apple switched from "@mac.com" to "@me.com" (MobileMe). The tech told me that anyone with an "@mac.com" account that has been inactive for almost 60 days, were deleted, therefore my "XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX" account does not exist anymore; my email account wouldn't work. My "XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX" account could not be retrieved and it is not possible to create an "@mac.com" email due to the switch to MobileMe. He helped me sign up for a MobileMe account, and now my Email App is working properly.

My problem is resolved, but still, I thank you for your help!