Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I have been unable to get into Yahoo mail all day. There is

Customer Question

I have been unable to get into Yahoo mail all day. There is a security question I can't answer so I'm sure I never chose that question. I have been in an endless loop with no results. Please someone help me.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Joseph :

I will try to help you.

Joseph :

You can get a new password, a Yahoo! ID reminder, or both. If you forgot your Yahoo! ID or password, go to the Sign-in Problems page.

If you forgot your Yahoo! ID, you need to provide three pieces of information so we can confirm your identity:

• Your birthday

• Your ZIP or postal code (at the time you created your Yahoo! account or when you last updated it)

• Your alternate email address -Note: You must have access to this email address

• Country code (at the time you created your Yahoo! account or when you last updated it)

Be sure to provide the same information you gave the last time you registered for a new Yahoo! ID or password XXXXX the last time you updated your account.

If you forgot your password, you can create a new one. But first you’ll have to provide the following information so we can confirm your identity:

• Your Yahoo! ID

• Alternate email address, mobile phone number, or the answers to your secret questions

A Reset Your Password XXXXX will be sent to your alternate email address. Click the link and enter your new password XXXXX the Reset your password XXXXX

If you entered your secret question incorrectly or forgot what you originally entered, for security reasons, we cannot tell you what your Yahoo! ID is or let you create a new password.

JACUSTOMER-cgjxhwy4- :

I don't understand this answer because it it not telling me anything I have not already tried. Besides this is not a Mac problem but must be a Yahoo problem. Except I have not been successful in getting help from Yahoo as to how to get out of the loop I'm in.

JACUSTOMER-cgjxhwy4- :

Also, sending me an answer by email doesn't help when the problem is that I can't get into email. Can someone text me on my cell phone XXX-XXX-XXXX?

Joseph :

Sorry we don't have that option.

Joseph :

I will opt out so other experts also can help you.

Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you.

If you have a different security question than you originally chose, it sounds as is your account was hacked. When your email account is hacked, the individuals change your password XXXXX your security question so that you will be unable to get back into your account.

You have two options you can try. The first would be to reset your password XXXXX claiming your account was compromised. To do this, visit the following page and follow the instructions: ce_order?.params=eJwrycyrtI1yDXEz81DTK8kuLrY1MHQMDyg1K6woCEx0y4MIFttWGUQU.qYZGplY.scbZjoGGrpGFqXl.limOJbrAgAKxxY9&.psig=WGH5IkysZsBhaMkl.th2Ig--&.scrumb=0&partner=

If this doesn't work, you can try subscribing to Yahoo! Plus so you can speak to someone at Yahoo. You can call them at 1-866-562-7219.They are open 6am to 6pm PST Monday-Friday.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Clicking on the address you gave still brings up the security question to which I do not have the answer. It seems that my only remaining option is to call Yahoo at the number you gave me. However, this is Saturday, so I'll have to wait until Monday. If that proves successful (I am hopeful it will be if I get to speak to a human being) then I will gladly pay you for giving me the phone number to Yahoo. If I had that phone number from the getgo, we wouldn't now be having this chat. Thank you.