Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

My ISight webcam on my Macbook isnt recognized by Youtube

My ISight webcam on my Macbook isn't recognized by Youtube for live uploading. What can I do?
Chat Conversation Started
BeBoo :

Hi there and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you.

BeBoo :

You just have to change the camera it's using. See this picture:

BeBoo :

Once you change it to the USB Video option, it should show your iSight.

JACUSTOMER-vaf0w96k- :

Hi, Camera menu is grayed out and unavailable. No camera options available in drop down menu. Any ideas?

JACUSTOMER-vaf0w96k- :

One other thing. Since PhotoBooth is not a USB camera, but an internal camera, would USB be the correct camera setting?

BeBoo :

Hi there, sorry for the delay in my response. Yes, it is an internal camera but it is connected internally via USB.

BeBoo :

Also note that you cannot have both Photo Booth and YouTube on at the same time. Only one application can use the camera at a time (Photo Booth OR Firefox but not both).

BeBoo :

If you right-click that uploading box, and choose Flash Settings, then go to the Camera tab, does it look like this?

JACUSTOMER-vaf0w96k- :

Shutting off Photo Booth was the fix. Many thanks.