Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have Mac Mail on My MackBook Pro operating under Mac OS 10.6.4. Mac

Customer Question

I have Mac Mail on My MackBook Pro operating under Mac OS 10.6.4.

Mac Mail will NOT automatically move JUNK to the junk folder. I put it in learning mode for a month and it never began automatically moving the junk. It only moves to the junk folder when I manually mark it as junk.

My current settings are:
v     Enable junk mail filtering

When junk mail arrives:
v     Move it to the junk mailbox

The following types of messages exempt
v     Sender is in my address book
v     Sender is in my previous recipients

v     Trust junk mail headers set by ISP
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
Deselect the Trust Junk Mail Headers Sent by ISP.
In the image below

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
then click on Advanced.
Set up the way you want it and watch it work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Daniel, I did settings as instructed. At what point may I expect the junk mail to be moved to the JUNK mailbox automatically? As of now, I still have to move junk manually. What is the learning period?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Have you reset the junk filter with the reset button, this will start the learning period over.
Or one way that I use is Rules, find this in Mail preferences, you can really customize junk mail filters.
I started doing that when the junk mail seemed to lag behind.

Register Here

Register Here
Give that a try.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll try that and get back to you. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
You can add many per rule so you don't get 35 rules for 35 different junk mails, I mean you make one rule for many senders.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can be of more assistance please ask.