Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I use Mac Mail on my MacBook. I have had increasing problems

I use Mac Mail on my MacBook.
I have had increasing problems sending mail (I use Yahoo! Plus)
It is not sending mail now.
I have cleared the Yahoo account on the Preferences (several times) and started again.
Both Fair Point and Yahoo have aimed me at Mail as the problem.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.
The first thing I recommend doing is some maintenance on your machine.
Repairing permissions, resetting the pram and doing a safe boot.
This PDF explains how to do the permissions.Repairing Permissions

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P'.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes.
If you have a wireless keyboard then the procedure is a little bit different.
Use the very same keys but wait until the first chime and immediately press and hold those keys. I recommend getting your fingers ready because timing is critical.
This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

To do a Safe Boot, restart and before the first chime press and hold the 'Shift' key.
Wait until you see the Apple logo and the spinning gear appear, then let go.
It can take as long as 20 minutes to load, so please be patient.
When the login screen appears it will say in red on the login window 'SafeBoot'.
Now login and give it a few more minutes to finish loading.
Try doing whatever it was it was giving you the problem. If it works then probably the problem is solved, so restart normally.
If the problem persists then restart normally also, other fixes will need to be done.

This PDF explains what we just did.
This may not fix your problem but it will do good things to your machine.
After doing that let me know, and we will get to the Yahoo mail problem.
You will probably need to bookmark this particular site so that we can continue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I do a Pram reset then a Safe Boot in that order?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
I would recommend it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do. I'm running out of time just now. Do I return when I can and hope to find you? What kind of schedule to you run?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
I will be online until about 10 PM Eastern standard. And then again off and on tomorrow.
I will keep watch for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you 'til later.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Standing by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dan,
It's working like a charm right now. If it stays at it you're well worth the charge.
I'll be back tomorrow with another question.
Thanks,
Brad
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
If it is working now then it will probably continue. If not please tell me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dan,
I am certainly ready to "accept answer." But, in the past my problem has been fixed and only lasted for a couple of days, sometimes weeks. So I am reluctant to assume that I am all better. I'm a subscriber and have some time to ask again if the issue recurs. Do I assume that a Pram reset and Safe startup will continue to right my Mail?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
If this is recurring then there is something else going on with your Mac. You may need a new OS installation as you may have some corruption that is doing this.
One application that can help find the underlying issue is Console, you will find this in Applications/Utilities.
Looks like this.

Register Here
Use the keywords Mail or try different keywords to zero in on problems.
Feel free to explore and look it over, it can teach you a lot about the way things interact.
One utility I like that will greatly enhance performance is Disk Warrior,
Let me know.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.