Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Hello, I currently own an iMac G5 and a Dell StudioXps. I use

Customer Question

Hello, I currently own an iMac G5 and a Dell StudioXps. I use iTunes on both and for awhile the homesharing was working fine, but then suddenly it just stopped working and hasn't for at least a few months. I tried disabling firewalls as well as changing the setting to allow pretty much anything past the firewall. I have tried turning sharing off and then on, and have checked settings on both computers to make sure they match. Nothing seems to work. If you have any ideas they would be greatly apprieciated! I really want this to be fixed. Thank you very much for your time!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

First download and install latest version of iTunes on both computer. You can download iTunes from here :

Also, use same account on both computer and also make sure iTunes is opened on both computers. Let me know if that didn't worked...

Best Regards,