Mary
Mary, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ years supporting the Mac graphic arts industry
44751453

Please help... My Quark 7.02 decided today that it doesnt

Customer Question

Please help... My Quark 7.02 decided today that it doesn't want to work. I trashed Quark folder from HD, reinstalled software, no luck. The opening QuarkXpress graphic will pop up onscreen like usual and the "personalized to:" appears but that's as far as it goes. Any suggestions? I'm on a Mac G5 with OS 10.5.6. Everything else on computer appears to be fine, photoshop, dreamweaver, etc. open and run fine. THANKS!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mary replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mary and I'll do my best to help you solve your Quark issue.

When you trashed the Quark folder from your HD, did you also, after emptying the trash, use Spotlight to search for any other Quark-related files (such as .plist) on your computer?

I would suggest you again trash everything (of course not your actual data files) - application folder, .plist, prefs, etc.

Then, before you reinstall the program, use Disk Utility to repair permissions on your drive. Quark is especially sensitive to any permissions which are "different" from the default.

This should work for you, but if not let me know as I'm happy to continue troubleshooting the issue with you.