OSXpert
OSXpert, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years as a geek squad computer technician, 5 years as a software engineer and unix systems admin
50723742

I got a new iPhone 4 16 GB yesterday. How do I get to my aol

Customer Question

I got a new iPhone 4 16 GB yesterday. How do I get to my aol address book ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  OSXpert replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
OSXpert :

Hello, my name is Britton. Are you available?

Customer :

ready to get this done

OSXpert :

good deal

OSXpert :

are you trying to sync your AOL address book with your iPhone?

Customer :

I guess that is what you would call it . See my original question.

Customer :

Are you familiar with iPhone 4 as well as aol ?

OSXpert :

yes...try this

OSXpert :

go to this website:

http://aolsync.aol.com/

OSXpert :

Next, go ahead and log in with your login/password

OSXpert :

on the next screen, click "Mobile Devices" -> register your device

OSXpert :

You still with me?

Customer :

I was doing the download

Customer :

let me follow this through and see if it will install.

Customer :

call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX if that is a problem

OSXpert :

Unfortunately, justanswer.com requires me to keep all communications going through this site. You can keep this chat window open and update me whenever you'd like. If I am not actually in the chat room, it will notify me that you have made a post and I can respond accordingly.

Customer :

I am working on getting itunes set up before I can proceed

OSXpert :

Sounds good. Let me know how it's going

Customer :

I thought it was going OK but after getting to Funambol sync contacts, it tells me an error occured and I can't seem to get past this sync failure

OSXpert :

on the AOL sync site?

Customer :

no ...on my iPhone

Customer :

I received a call while the sync was occurring. That may have caused the error

OSXpert :

Okay, fill me in on your progress. I directed you to the AOL sync page earlier. Did you go through the instructions?

Customer :

If I could re-start the download sync, maybe it would work. The only thing that I haven't tried is a key entitled "cleanup" but I am afraid that may remove my phone numbers.

OSXpert :

I would start with re-syncing with iTunes. Let me know how that goes

Customer :

yep on following the instructions...the last step is where I am

OSXpert :

okay good, go ahead and finish the process from AOL's sync page. Keep me posted

Customer :

I am stopped I can't get past the error in sync contacts

OSXpert :

Please describe the error exactly as you see it

Customer :

How do I re-sync with itunes ?????

OSXpert :

Start iTunes on your computer, plug your iphone into your computer. In iTunes, selected your phone in the pane on the left-hand side of itunes. On the right side, choose your sync preferences (contacts, music, apps, etc...) then click Apply

Customer :

the screen on the phone says "sync Contacts"

Customer :

when I select that, it goes to error as a sync failure

OSXpert :

Look under the "Music" tab -- do you see it?

OSXpert :

Oops, disregard that message

Customer :

no...sorry

OSXpert :

Let's just restore your phone, it sounds like it's gotten a bad sync

OSXpert :

unplug your iPhone, then plug it back into your computer. On the right hand side of iTunes, click restore

OSXpert :

The restore may take some time, complete the restore process, then let's try this again

Customer :

I do not see restore anywhere

Customer :

the pc says camera connected

Customer :

the sync appeared complete.

Customer :

Can I find my aol address book on my phone ?

OSXpert :

Are you still available?