Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 2 years of experience in computer industry including MAC
27113160

I have a PC with windows 7. I downloaded itunes 10 and many

I have a PC with windows 7. I downloaded itunes 10 and many of the songs now have an exclamation point by them and a notice that the song cannot be found. I have approx 200 such songs in a total of 1500. How do I fix this?
D Horbelt XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

I will try to help you.

Joseph :

This issue is there for many users

Joseph :

Click start

Joseph :

Music

Joseph :

See all the itunes music listed there or not

Joseph :

open itunes and check for a song with exclamation mark

Joseph :

Find it in the folder and double click it

Joseph :

Restart the iTunes

Joseph :

Check the same song in iTunes and play.

Customer :

I cannot find it in the folder

Joseph :

What is thre inside the Music folder ?

Customer :

I am not at that computer now. Can I email back when i'm there?

Joseph :

ok, If you are not able to see music files there, it will be in this folder. C:\users\username'[your computer name]\My Music\iTunes Check in your system to see whether you got such a folder. Double click the music file if you can see it.

Joseph :

Also using the search option of Windows 7

Joseph :

to find the exact location of the music file.

Joseph :

Let me know how it goes.

Joseph :

Don't forget to click the ACCEPT button so I get paid for my work.

Customer :

What is 'computer name'?

Joseph :

Its the name that you have give to your account

Joseph :

While creating the Admin account or Guest account you will be giving a name for the account

Joseph :

If you open C:/Users you can see such folder

Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: I have more than 2 years of experience in computer industry including MAC