Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

cant copy downloaded songs from ipnone to itunes library

can't copy downloaded songs from ipnone to itunes library.  I'm using a PC, not a MAC.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
BeBoo :

Hi there and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you.

Customer :

Hi

Customer :

Am I supposed to do something to get the answer?

BeBoo :

If the songs are purchased, you can right-click on your iPhone and choose Transfer Purchases. It will bring the purchased music back to your iTunes library. If the songs are not purchased, you will need to use a third-party program to take them off the iPhone. There are some free ones and some paid ones. Here is a free one: http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

Customer :

They are purchased. When I right click, I get a drop down menu. What am I looking for?

BeBoo :

Should say Transfer Purchases or Copy Purchases. Its been awhile since I needed to do it

Customer :

I don't have that option. All seem to relate only to dealing with the iphone.

Customer :

I'm right clicking on the song under Purchased, correct?

BeBoo :

No, sorry. Right-click the iPhone on the left side.

Customer :

Now I see it. Just a second.

BeBoo :

I need to step away for one minute. I'll be right back.

Customer :

It's working. Do you why I can't rearrange the order of music in my playlists?

Customer :

They default to the order I put them in the playlist and I can't move them.

Customer :

Hello?

Customer :

How long am I supposed to wait?????

BeBoo :

Sorry, I was away for much longer than I expected

BeBoo :

You do mean the playlists that are already on the iPhone?

Customer :

Yes.

Customer :

They are only on the iphone, not on the computer, if that makes sense.

BeBoo :

You cannot change the playlists once they are on the iPhone, sadly. Not sure why they prevented this.

BeBoo :

You must create the playlist the way you wish on your computer first, then copy the playlist over either by dragging or using the Music tab after clicking your iPhone.

Customer :

That's dumb, but not unexpected. OK, thanks.

Customer :

So if I create new playlists, I can edit them (move songs around), and redrag them to the iphone?

Customer :

Or is it a one time deal. Once on the phone, you're stuck?

BeBoo :

You can delete the playlist from the iPhone first, create your new playlist and drag it over. If you want to change the playlist, you just need to change it on your computer and drag it back over. It will reorganize it.

Customer :

that makes sense. I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help. Do I click Accept now?

BeBoo :

If you feel I have helped, please choose Accept so that I may be paid for my time. If you feel the issue is still unresolved, please let me know so we can continue or I can opt out and allow another expert to take a look.

Customer :

Your answers have been helpful. Maybe some day you can write an Apple manual that is user friendly. :-)

Customer :

Thanks for your help.

Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm