Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

When I went to OS X 10.6.4 Final cut pro quit working. I have

Customer Question

When I went to OS X 10.6.4 Final cut pro quit working. I have a new Pro application update version 1.1. Wen I install the update it states that it was successful. However when I click 'Software Update, the system thinks I do not have it and requests that I install it again. Can you give me an idea of what to do.

Kent Green [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mac Extraordinaire :

In order to rectify this issue, you will have to uninstall Final Cut Pro and reinstall it.

Mac Extraordinaire :

- Go to the Applications folder
- Click and drag the Final Cut folder to the trash can

Mac Extraordinaire :

- Restart computer
- Reinstall the Final Cut Program

Mac Extraordinaire :

Please, update me on your status if you have any problems or questions.

If you are satisfied with my help, please click the Accept button and I will in effect be awarded credit from this site for helping you. In any case, I wish you a great day.

Thank you // Peace.

JACUSTOMER-mfwctnr2- :

I put final cut pro in the trash, as you said, put in the final cut pro install disk and clicked install. It came bask and said that my computer does not have the hardware required to run this software. How can that be? I have run Final cut pro on the computer for five years.I even had more memory installed, 6 GBs. The only other change was I went to OS X 10.6.4, Snow Leopard. Do you have any more ideas? Thanks...... Kent Green