Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have an epson 2200 printer. I am a photographer, and I print

Customer Question

I have an epson 2200 printer. I am a photographer, and I print with quadtone rip. I am working on a mac G5. I recently had stripes in my photos, and I was told that I needed the new quad tone rip. I went to download it, and it said I needed leopard operating system. So now I have leopard. When I went to install the quad tone rip, I had to choose the printer and the inks. The 2200 is only listed with using specialized inks. Help! My photos - color and black and white - are horrible now.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Mary replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mary and I'll do my best to help you solve your printing issue.

I see that the latest version of the Quadtone RIP supports the 2200 using the UltraChrome inks. Are these not the inks you are using in your printer?

If not, that is probably why your color and b/w prints don't look good. The Quadtone RIP, from what I can see, has built-in profiles that support that ink system.

Just to provide me more information for troubleshooting, could you please tell me:

• What version of the Quadtone RIP software are you using?

• What is your current OSX operating system?

• What application are you printing from (I expect Photoshop, but I don't want to assume)?

• Are you running the Quadtone RIP on the same computer you are printing from (again, I expect so, but don't want to assume)?

• Are you still seeing stripes in your photos or has this problem been solved with the RIP upgrade?

Edited by Mary on 10/1/2010 at 8:31 PM EST