Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

Can I sync 2 different iphones (4g and 3g) to two different computers (like the 4g to

Can I sync 2 different iphones (4g and 3g) to two different computers (like the 4g to one computer and the 3g to another computer and only have 1 itune account.
The reason is I don't care to share apps and other stuff, but I won't "separate contacts???
Please Help!

Don
Chat Conversation Started
Jesse :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

Thanks

Jesse :

Just to be clear, you want the phones to have the same contacts, but nothing else. You want to be able to sync them in seperate locations, and have the contacts match. Is that correct?

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

NO, I don't care to sync apps and so on, BUT I want to keep the contacts separate

Jesse :

Okay, so the only thing you want to keep seperate (everything else can stay the same) is contacts?

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

Yes sir

Jesse :

In that case, you can sync them on seperate computers no problem. The only thing your iTunes account (which you use to purchase apps and music) syncs when signed into other computers or devices, is information about your purchases and account. It will only sync contacts if your use a service like MobileMe or have an Exchange email account. Otherwise, it will never sync contacts from seperate computers, to separate phones.

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

Could I start a NEW Itune account and Then sync the 3g phone to it without losing the apps that is already on the phone?

Jesse :

You won't lose the apps, but anytime you go to update them, you'll need to enter the password XXXXX with the original account they were purchased under.

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

If I understand you correctly, Start a NEW itune account, do I do a backup when I first go into the new itune account or will itune read what already on the phone and then go from there as you said.

Jesse :

iTunes won't remove anything currently on the computer or the phone, but it will begin assigning your purchases to that new account. Whenever you update an app on the phone, it will require the password XXXXX the account it was purchased under. Any new apps or music you purchase will require the new password XXXXX you try to update them, or play them on other computers.

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

Thank You so much for your time and your know-How. I wish I had your brains. I WILL accept this and I WILL leave you positve feedback

JACUSTOMER-jtwo7bsl- :

Thanks again

Jesse :

No problem, glad I could help.

Jesse :

let me know if you need anything else in the future!