Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I am looking to use an ipod touch for my toy collection (matchbox-hot

I am looking to use an ipod touch for my toy collection (matchbox-hot wheels), eventually I would like to have pictures of everything (thousands of toys) I would like to compile lists of toys then add pictures, I have a windows computer (windows 2004?) Someone at an apple store said all i need is a windows compatible data base---app? Again I want lists by year then add pictures as I go...Also how long does the ipod last I have had touch screen stuff before (palm) and it only lasted a year or so. Again the guy at the store said the batts last about 3 years then you have to get a new one??? And can I transfer-sync things from my windows computer to the ipod and vise versa?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Kyle Brockman :

From the sound of what your trying to do the ipod will work fine.

Customer :

Thanks can you answer some of the specific questions? Like how long will the ipod last--Iknow there are alot of varibles but on average--and can you replace the battery? Can you give me a specific app or what to look for? And will the ipod and my windows computer sync together?

Kyle Brockman :

I have see the devices last anywhere from 2 years to 4. As for applications to store and sync databases I would recommend filemaker pro. It's going to cost a bit of money but it's a great piece of database software. They also have an iOS app.

Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.