Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

I have uploaded my contacts from Outlook 2007 on my PC with

I have uploaded my contacts from Outlook 2007 on my PC with windows 7 to my www.me.com account (Mobileme) to add it to my IPAD and then be able to sync.

I don't have a clue as to how to get it and my calendar and bookmarks down to my IPAD
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Kyle Brockman :

Have you logged into your mobileme account on the iPad?

Customer :

yes

Kyle Brockman :

Ok, when you logged in with mobileme on the ipad which services did you turn on?

Customer :

mail,contacts,calendars, bookmarks and find my IPAD

Kyle Brockman :

OK, cool. So I'm a bit lost on what else your looking to have done. Do you also want to sync your calendar and bookmarks from your windows 7 computer?

Customer :

yes, they are on the "cloud" now at www.me.com

Kyle Brockman :

Ok, if you have turn on the sync from your ipad, anything that is on me.com will be on your ipad

Customer :

where is the sync on my IPAD

Kyle Brockman :

The calendar information will be in the calendar application and the bookmarks will be in safari. Or are you looking for something else?

Customer :

they are blank

Kyle Brockman :

Ok ...

Kyle Brockman :

Just so I understand what is going on ...

Customer :

Nothing in my contacts, Bookmarks or Calendar

Kyle Brockman :

on the ipad or me.com?

Customer :

on the IPAD

Kyle Brockman :

ok. thanks

Kyle Brockman :

is the ipad 3g/wifi, or wifi only?

Customer :

wifi only

Customer :

I just looked 434 contacts and lots of days marked in my calendar, just like on my pc

Kyle Brockman :

ok, and just to make sure it's connected to your wireless network and you see the wifi logo in the upper left hand side on the ipad?

Kyle Brockman :

ok so the pc and me.com are synced up, is that correct?

Customer :

yes, I have been doing e-mail with it

Kyle Brockman :

also just double checking, the e-mail is from your me.com address?

Customer :

no, from my google account

Customer :

I meant that the IPAD was hooked up and working wireless

Kyle Brockman :

ok and your mobileme account has been added to the ipad as well correct?

Customer :

correct

Kyle Brockman :

Ok please try this, try turning the calendar sync off and back on.

Customer :

where is the calendar sync?

Customer :

I found it and did it

Kyle Brockman :

ok, can you go into the calendar and see if it's pulling in the information

Customer :

yes it did

Kyle Brockman :

are the events starting to show up?

Customer :

yes all there

Kyle Brockman :

very cool

Customer :

now I am turning off contacts but it is taking a while, now it is back on

Kyle Brockman :

ok now lets see if your bookmarks are coming in now.

Kyle Brockman :

cool cool

Customer :

bookmarks are not there

Kyle Brockman :

Ok, did you try turning bookmark syncing off and on as well?

Customer :

just did and told it to merge with Mobile me, but only the book marks I have adde myself are there

Kyle Brockman :

So the bookmarks you added to mobileme are now on the ipad?

Customer :

my contacts are there now all 434 of them so by turning off and back on seemed to unlock the stuff.

Customer :

Will they sync automatically now?

Kyle Brockman :

Yes

Kyle Brockman :

This should now be all synced, and will stay in sync.

Customer :

all my bookmarks are there now

Customer :

Well done Kyle

Customer :

A job to be proud of!!

Kyle Brockman :

Glad to hear it's working.

Kyle Brockman :

And Thank you.

Customer :

so now to make the payment

Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience: 5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.