Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs. experience building, repairing, maintaining and configuring macs in a corporate environment.
33372540

everytime I try to open up my entourage an error message comes

everytime I try to open up my entourage an error message comes up saying data base deamon error and then it shuts down. I can not send/receive emails

Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kyle Brockman replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Kyle Brockman :

Hello I can help you with this. Which version of office are you using?

JACUSTOMER-41ljejbo- :

12.2.6

Kyle Brockman :

ok, you will need to rebuild the database for entourage. This is done by holding down the option key while you double click on the entourage application. Before you do the rebuild it's best to backup the Identity folder in your home directory, if you have time machine setup you will already have a back up. All you need is a copy of the Identity folder.

JACUSTOMER-41ljejbo- :

I have not done time machine for 10 days cuz I needed the port.But it should be on there. Do I need to do a more recent backup? will you walk me thru it step by step?I never receive emails from you. I just happen to find the answer here.

Kyle Brockman : A newer backup is always good. This will also get you a fresh backup of that folder. I can try to be on at the same time you are. As for not getting e-mail please check you account settings.
JACUSTOMER-41ljejbo- :

I still have not received any notices that you are responding. I did get the initial one but no more.So I will do a time machine back up no then what?

After the time machine backup is done, you will then need to rebuild the entourage database, like we talked about earlier.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well how do I rebuild ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay I did what you said and all this mail camei n from frogwehoptoit.com (frog foreverything inc.) never had this before and none of my emails open up. There are attachments "win.dat" if Iclick on thm Iam warned about a virus
What happens if you close and reopen entourage?