Joseph
Joseph, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 2 years of experience in computer industry including MAC
27113160

how do i get my iphone to sync to a brand new computer the

Customer Question

how do i get my iphone to sync to a brand new computer? the old computer is gone and I installed itunes on the new one. BUT, it wants to delete everything on my iphone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Joseph :

Hello

Joseph :

I will try to help you.

Joseph :

Whats the exact message that you are getting when you connect iPhone with your xp computer ?

Customer :

it first downloads pictures then connects to itunes and is recognized as tina's phone.

Customer :

it then saysn

Customer :

sorry

Customer :

it then says that if i sync with this computer all iphone info will be deleted

Joseph :

ok

Customer :

iphone is full itunes is empty

Joseph :

ok let check

Joseph :

Give me a minute.

Joseph :

Check this link and try to trouble shoot. Normally These steps solves the issue.

Customer :

ok

Customer :

no, that is not the issue

Customer :

it detects the iphone

Customer :

even shows me everything on it

Joseph :

Can you reset the setting on iPhone

Joseph :

and connect again

Customer :

i just want to do a reverse sync

Joseph :

yes i understood

Customer :

reseting the iphone i believe will erase all of my stuff

Customer :

i dont have it anywhere else

Customer :

the old computer is dead

Joseph :

No backups

Joseph :

??

Joseph :

ok

Customer :

is there not an easy planned way to upgrade to a new computer and keep you iphone/ipod?

Joseph :

Lets try a reinstall of Itunes

Customer :

i hate mac

Customer :

it is a brand new fresh installation

Customer :

went smooth

Joseph :

your computer is a 32 bit one right

Customer :

yes

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

in itunes Edit>Preferences, Click on "Reset Synch History", OK.

Customer :

ok one sec

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Select the "Source" option in your iTunes menu to establish your iPhone as the final destination for your music downloads. You can set iPhone as your primary source in the "Advanced" menu section if you do not have other devices that use iTunes.

Customer :

the clear sync history did not work

Joseph :

Customer :

can't find "source"

Joseph :

oh

Joseph :

what about the advanced tab

Customer :

the itunes is new v10

Joseph :

advanced menu..

Joseph :

ok

Joseph :

Lets try a reinstall of iTunes

Customer :

so there really is no plan to do this easy when you own an ipod and want to get a new computer?

Customer :

imean nothing is w

Customer :

wrong with any of the programs

Customer :

they just don't do this?

Joseph :

may be

Joseph :

so we have to all itunes related

Joseph :

softwares

Joseph :

first

Joseph :

then we will install a fresh copy/

Customer :

and no apple crazed nerd has figured out the way?

Joseph :

Sometimes these can be I Tunes bugs

Joseph :

if they have fixed it and released

Joseph :

you can get it from the download

Customer :

i'm sorry joseph but i think i want to go to bed and try again tomorrow

Joseph :

Ok fine

Joseph :

Book mark this page

Joseph :

So you can contact me again.

Customer :

k

Joseph :

ok goodnight