Networking101
Networking101, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  A+, Security+, Network+, 20+ years in IT with Macs/PC's
15871235

Adding picture frames to 7,000 digital photos. I sport Photoshop

Customer Question

Adding picture frame’s to 7,000 digital photos. I sport Photoshop Elements 8 and I’m a Mac user. I used iPhoto to crop my photos (no problem) to 4x6. Except now I need to add a frame to all 7,000 as easily as possible. Why? Because I also sport a Sony VAIO® Wi-Fi Photo Frame which zoom’s in on the photos, I guess to provide a Ken Burns effect (but in any-event, it can’t be turned off) hence my need to add a frame to the digital photos, in order to counterbalance the zoom, you follow? So my question: is there any of that scripting (add-on) business (or of this here nature) from Elements that would let me batch convert all these photos? Or can I make my own script (with your help)? From my esteemed opinion, the quickest way from what I can see, is to open a file on Elements > Image > Resize > Canvas Size > Then (in the data box) add a half inch in width & height to resize > Save (so on and so forth). Any comments, suggestions and opinions are greatly welcomed....
Category: Mac
Expert:  Networking101 replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Networking101 :

Hi and thanks for your question! Let me know when you are ready and we can see if we can come up with something for you!

Customer :

Yeah hi,

Customer :

I understand that the Elements Program can have a script made so that a system of functions can happen automatically, if my thinking is correct, yes? Is this something we can make together or does something already exist?

Customer :

I guess if time is an issue (judging by the theme of your response) I’ll be on line most definitely 9:00 PM tonight Pacific Coast Time USA or periodically from now until 4:30 / 5:00... By the way, did you engage this live chat screen that I’m now typing in (I’ve never see this before on Justanswer’s) I feel like we’re getting ready to get down to some serious business, lol...

Customer :

Just for posterity:

Customer :

the operable word is “Actions” from there I was able to start looking things up...

I happen to also have CS3 (Photoshop) along with Elements 8 all for Mac - and having gone to Photoshop CS3 and successfully setting up an “Action” with help from reading the web and the help (that comes along with the program) I surmise creating your own actions with Elements 8 (for Mac, at least for now) is not immediately possible. Yes there are a few built in “Actions” that come along with the program, but the commands to create your own, don’t seem to be present.

Now, I’m not really sure on that because I have just discovered this business of Actions for myself now. Everything is premised on how easy it was on Photoshop CS3 for me to set up an Action, with a definite presence of command functions to create those Actions with. Again, I would say that Elements 8 for Mac has no immediate way of doing so...

In closing, I’ll just use CS3 to get my project done with, even hopefully taking advantage of something called Batch functions (it seems to have too) combined with Actions, I guess I can say I’ve found what I’ve been looking for.