Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

What can I do with my Apple TV that is less than one year old

Customer Question

What can I do with my Apple TV that is less than one year old if I get the new Apple TV. Can I use it as some sort of backup like with TimeMachine?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name isXXXXX will stay with you until the problem is resolved.
You can probably store a lot of data on it such as iTunes and movies. As for using it like a time machine I do not think that is possible.
It can function as an expansion to another location that you can stream two from the new Apple TV if I got the specs right .
My suggestion would be to try as many different things with it as you can imagine but probably put in it in a different location will use it to its best advantage.

Daniel :

You would be better off going to and looking at the new Apple TV and the old one and see exactly what your options are.
I would think though that it would be an asset in another location because it simply is not set up to do what you are thinking.