Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

cant start magicjack on my mac pro book please help asap

Customer Question

can't start magicjack on my mac pro book please help asap
Category: Mac
Expert:  R.A. McConnell replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I'll be glad to help you with this.

Are you getting an error message of any sort? Has it ever worked on this computer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Absolutely no error message; we get a dial tone but no calls will go through?
Can you receive incoming calls?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can't receive; cannot call out. all we get is a dial tone. We have two icons on the laptop and when i click twice it says can't install because installation is in progress. This appears to be a good device for the PC, but MAC?????? please advise.
Do you also have a PC? I thought you were just using this on a Mac.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
capslock is off.
The part about keeping the CAPSLOCK key off is part of my signature. It's quite difficult to read posts that people have typed all in capital letters, and isn't meant for you specifically.

Again, do you also have a PC, or just the Mac? Your post included information about using this device on a PC as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I repeatedly attempted to respond but was sent back to the statement page and asked to pay for the services. that said, i am still in need of figuring out why the product won't work on my mac pro.
It appears that you have gotten through. Have you restarted your Mac since we last communicated, as opposed to putting it to sleep? Let me know and I'll be happy to continue to assist.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX don't have the device with me right now, and I clearly appreciate your patience and ultimately, help. FYI, the caps were off, and we did shut down and restart the computer many times. I'm currently preparing for a live radio show, so won't be able to work with you until tomorrow or at a time convenient to you. Please advise..
I'll be available tomorrow, roughly between 08:00 and 17:00 pacific time. I'm here all day, so I'll be available at your convenience.