Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a G4 operating 4.3 which I am very happy with. I need

I have a G4 operating 4.3 which I am very happy with. I need to replace my PC which I use for Windows and AOL. If I buy a mini-mac will this connect with my G4 and enable me to load Windows and AOL giving me the best of both worlds?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Do you want to install Windows and AOL on your new Mac ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I want to install the Windows XP and AOL on my new Mac. I used to have AOL on a previous Mac, at the moment I have AOL 9.0 VR operating on my PC, I have tried installing AOL on the G4 but have been unsuccessful.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
At the moment I am Not impressed. Both of your questions I covered in my original enquiry. I am running OS10 4.3, I am not able to install Tiger.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, i confused with your reply.There is no Mac operating system like OS 10 4.3, if it is 10.4.3, then its Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.

BTW, You can install Microsoft Windows with the help of Virtual Machine applications like Parallels/VMWare Fusion etc or Bootcamp

BootCamp
It means that installing windows on Mac directly by partitioning the Hard Disk and the Microsoft Windows can only access by restarting Mac OS. See the picture below about how you can access Windows and Mac
graphic

By Parallels OR VMWare

If you installed Windows on your Mac using the Parallels or VMware etc then you can load Windows just by opening the application and run Windows from it. With Parallels you can run Windows and Mac OS at the same time. So you have your Microsoft Windows and AOL on one side and Mac OS X on other side. See a sample picture below;
graphic
BootCamp is from Apple and its free. But Parallels or VMWare Fusion etc are third party applications and they are not free. You have to buy them, the price shown in their websites are $79

Also you have to buy the Windows OS. You can buy Windows XP, Windows Vista (i won't buy Vista) or Windows 7.

Let me know what you think...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have 10.4.3 but as it is not dual processor I cannot install Tiger. That was why I asked the original question - if I buy a mini-mac will this solve the problem if I purchase Paralles and can I then install my current version of Windows XP without having to purchase a new copy?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
FYI, Mac OS X 10.4.3 is Tiger (10.5 is Leopard and 10.6 is Snow Leopard)

Yes, if you purchase a new Mac, you can install current version of Windows( if you own it ) with Parallels and also install your AOL. Also, you don't have to install Windows on your Mac to run AOL, because there is already a Mac version of AOL exists.

Edited by Ashik on 9/3/2010 at 7:07 PM EST