RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer
Experience:  From windows, to linux, to mac, I know it all.
46950319

Im trying to catch some people who are sneaking into my room

Customer Question

I'm trying to catch some people who are sneaking into my room when I am not here and I am the only person who has a key except the mgr. so you know who is trying to get in. So I need to update my computer some how to 7.1.4 I think and figure out a way to make the screen go black and I understand that I will have the little green dot by the camera at the top of the computer--I understand that--no problem. it's just they know something is up with the whole computer screen on and I don't know how to make it go black like it usually does after about 2 minutes on it's own now. I don't have any money to update the computer to Snow Leopard, as I'm on Disability and I now have pneumonia in 4 places in my lungs and a lung embolism right now. I'm supposed to go to another town in podunk Wyoming and see if they can help me. I'm in pretty bad shape, and I really do NOT have any idea why the mgmt. wants into my apartment. I've been here since 2001 and I've never done anything wrong, never been written up for anything or anything like that, never been late paying my rent or anything, so I have no Idea why they want me out. Can you help me please? I don't know how to do anything on the computer anyway, so your help would be appreciated. I have to leave at 8am mountain time tomorrow until about 5pm mtn. time, so I need help to get set up to try to catch them trying to getting in then. If you need my e-mail it [email protected] Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me. I truly appreciate it. Robin L. Gilpin
Category: Mac
Expert:  RussellA replied 6 years ago.
The best that I can think of is Lockdown Software, you can download it free here: http://www.foozoodesign.com/LockdownV1.0.6.zip

But you will also need to upgrade your mac to at least OSX Leopard (10.5)