RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer
Experience:  From windows, to linux, to mac, I know it all.
46950319

Hi 2 other email servers are forwarding emails to mobileme.

Customer Question

Hi
2 other email servers are forwarding emails to mobileme. When I check those accounts they confirm that the email has been forwarded to mobileme, but they never really show up in my mobileme account. So instead of just relying on 1 email account (the mobileme account) I am constantly going back and forth, because I can never be sure mobile me has picked up all of the transferred emails.
Short answer to a long question, I'll bet.

Thanks for your help.

Category: Mac
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.

This is a known issue logged by Apple, and here is a Knowledge Base article that goes into the details of the resolution:

Symptoms:

Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may not always update when you read, delete, reply to, or move messages in MobileMe Mail, or in an email application on your Mac or PC.

Products Affected

iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, MobileMe

Resolution

If your MobileMe Mail account is configured to use Push (in the Fetch New Data settings on your device), your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will automatically update to reflect the status of your MobileMe mail only when you receive a new message in your Inbox at your MobileMe email address.

Push notifications only work for new emails delivered to in your Inbox, not email read status.

Here are some examples of when you won't see messages automatically updated on your device:

• if you read one of your MobileMe emails on the Mail application on your Computer so the email is marked as read, that email will still show as unread on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until you open Mail on the device. Once you open Mail on the device, the message status will be updated.
  • If you're using MobileMe Mail rules at me.com and have rules to move some messages to folders when they arrive in your Inbox, those emails will not automatically push to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You will find those messages in the destination folder set by rules the next time you manually check your mail on your device.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for your help.
a few questions:
What is the time frame on "urgent" when you click it on the chat line?
"Push is turned on on the iphone but there are no automatic updates. I have no destination folders.
What about when I read and delete on my MackBookPro [Imac] shouldn't I "get" a delete on my Imac [MacBookPro] and iphone, as well?

thanks
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.

You should get a Delete button on all of your devices.

To resolve this issue go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > [affected account name] > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox on iPhone or iPod touch.

If "On the Server" is an option, select Trash below that (or select Deleted Items or Deleted Messages). Otherwise, select Trash located under "On My iPhone". Once the Deleted Mailbox has been set, tap Advanced and then press the Home button to return the Home screen.

If the Deleted Mailbox is already set to Trash, please follow these steps:

1. Tap another folder such as Spam under the "On the Server" section
  2. Tap Advanced.
  3. Tap Deleted Mailbox, then set it to Trash located under On My iPhone.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.